Voluntary Services and Charity Activities
In addition to our sewage treatment and flood prevention works, our staff members are devoted to participate in a number of voluntary services and charity activities to contribute to the well-being of the society.
Interest Classes for the Elderly
Our Volunteer Team continued to arrange interest classes for the elderly in Lai Yiu Bradbury Care Home. We showed our care to the elderly and worked with them to explore innovative ideas to make key holders and greeting cards.
「香港人‧香港心」活動 "Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong Heart" Campaign
Our Volunteer Team joined the "Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong Heart" Campaign organised by the Social Welfare Department to make and deliver auspicious gifts with blessing to the elderly.
Blood Donation Day
We organised a "Blood Donation Day" annually with the Hong Kong Red Cross to encourage staff to donate blood for those in need.
Besides, we also participated in and supported various charity events and fund-raising activities during the year such as the following:
- Participated in the Lifeline Express Charity Run and Walk to raise fund for the Lifeline Express, a hospital eye-train that provides free cataract operations to the underprivileged patients in rural China
- Formed teams to join the Sowers Action Challenging 12 Hours marathon organised by the Sowers Action to raise fund for the Foundation Education Development Programme in China, and received the Bronze Award of Participation Award for Corporation
- Took part in the Oxfam Trailwalker to support Oxfam's various poverty alleviation and emergency relief projects in Africa and Asia, including Hong Kong and mainland China
- Supported the Ngong Ping Charity Walk organised by the Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association to promote environmental protection and heritage conservation
- Joined the Green Power Hike to raise fund for the promotion of environmental education
- Continued to support the Community Chest's Skip Lunch Day, Green Day, Love Teeth Day and Dress Casual Day to raise fund for the services of the Chest's member social welfare agencies
- Raised fund in support of various charitable organisations' services, e.g. the World Vision's "Skip-A-Meal" and the "Oxfam Rice" Sale, etc