Awards At a Glance
Three of our projects received accolades at the presentation ceremony of Skyrise Greenery Awards 2012 to recognise our efforts in integrating skyrise greenery into the built environment of Hong Kong. "Green Roofs at Shatin Sewage Treatment Works" and "Vertical Greening at Tai Hang Tung Stormwater Pumping Station" won the Silver Award and Merit Award respectively under the Government Projects Category; while "Vertical Greening Study at Shatin Sewage Treatment Works" was awarded with the Merit Award under the Planning / Research Projects Category.
We won eight Awards in "Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme 2011" in the following projects:
- Design, Build and Operate Pillar Point Sewage Treatment Works
- Kai Tak Nullah Improvement Works at Prince Edward Road East
- North District and Tolo Harbour Regional Sewerage - Upgrading of Trunk Sewers at Ma Liu Shui, Tai Po and North District
- Improvement of Fuk Man Road Nullah in Sai Kung
- Construction of Sewage Treatment Works at Yung Shue Wan and Sok Kwu Wan
- Provision of Interception Facilities at Jordan Valley Box Culvert
- Harbour Area Treatment Scheme Stage 2A - Upgrading Works at Stonecutters Island Sewage Treatment Works - Sludge Dewatering Facilities
- Harbour Area Treatment Scheme Stage 2A - Construction of Interconnection Tunnel and Diaphragm Wall for Main Pumping Station at Stonecutters Island Sewage Treatment Works
Our Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme won the 2012 International Water Association Project Innovation Awards (East Asia Regional Awards) in Planning Category for its excellent, innovative and sustainable flood prevention approach.
A team comprising the DSD, Water Supplies Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology and other members was awarded with the Global Honour Awards of the 2012 International Water Association Project Innovation Awards under the category of Applied Research. The winning project was "Making Use of Seawater as an Alternative Resource" and it was about the use of seawater for cooling and toilet flushing and treating the wastewater in a more sustainable way by producing much less sludge for disposal.
Our Annual Report 2010-11 won two accolades in 2011 Vision Awards including Silver Award (Government Category) and Top 25 Chinese Annual Reports of 2011 by League of American Communications Professionals LLC, amongst more than 5,500 entries received by the organiser.
Two of our staff members have been awarded with the Ombudsman's Award 2012 for Officers of Public Organisations to applaud their professionalism in complaint handling.
We won two accolades in Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects Design Awards 2012. "Transplanting a Gigantic Tree at Kai Tak Development" was awarded with Merit Award under the Environmental Design/Greening Category, while "Vertical Greening Study at Shatin Sewage Treatment Works" was awarded with Merit Award under the Landscape Planning/ Research Category.
With the effort of all staff, we successfully obtained certification of OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System in December 2012.