Shek Wu Wai, San Tin
1. Low-lying area.
2. Inadequate capacity of existing drainage channels
1. To carry out regular inspection and desilting at channel.
2. Sandbags were provided to villagers for flood protection and non-return valves were installed along the eastern watercourse to prevent water backflow to farmlands.
3. Emergency teams will be mobilized to clear any debris and blockage, and to pump out flood water from low-lying areas upon recorded rainfall in Yuen Long District exceeds 50mm in the past 1 hour, hoisting of amber, red or black rainstorm warning signals or Special Announcement on Flooding in the Northern New Territories.
1. First phase drainage Improvement works at Shek Wu Wai were completed (PWP item 4164CD).
2. Further drainage improvement works are under planning (PWP Item 4112CD).