DSD wins 7 medals at International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva
28 March 2022
The DSD participated at International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva for the first time this year and achieved encouraging results winning seven awards, including a Gold Medal and six Silver Medals.
The International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva is one of the largest global exhibitions devoted exclusively to inventions. The competition was held online this year due to the pandemic. It attracted participation from 25 countries/regions, and about 800 inventions were evaluated by a group of international jury of specialists.
The DSD has always valued research in inventions and innovation technology, and continuously introduced and adopted various new technologies in our flood prevention and sewage treatment works to improve work efficiency and sustainability performance.
The list of awards and recognised inventions of the DSD are:
- A customisable in-manhole sampling robot for sewage surveillance (Developed by Professor Tong ZHANG and the team from Civil Engineering of HKU together with the Environmental Protection Department and the Drainage Services Department)
- Hydrometric Information System (HIS) for Smart Drainage Management and Preventive Flood Control
- The Mini Bull - Smart Robotic Underwater Wet Well Cleaning Vehicle
- Intelligent Foam Removal Robot (In collaboration with Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC))
- Lung Mun Three Brothers
- Multifunctional odor control (MOC) hydrogel
- Resident Site Robotic Supervisor (RSRS) System
A customisable in-manhole sampling robot for sewage surveillance
Hydrometric Information System (HIS) for Smart Drainage Management and Preventive Flood Control
The Mini Bull - Smart Robotic Underwater Wet Well Cleaning Vehicle
Intelligent Foam Removal Robot
Lung Mun Three Brothers
Multifunctional odor control (MOC) hydrogel
Resident Site Robotic Supervisor (RSRS) System