Poster Design Competition on “Proper Use of Our Sewerage and Stormwater Drainage Systems”
18 July 2013
Brief and Guidelines:
In case of discrepancies, the Chinese version of this publication shall prevail.
The Problem: The wastewater and stormwater drainage systems in Hong Kong are separated systems. We observed that there is continuous wastewater discharging into the stormwater drains, and it subsequently causes environmental pollution.
Objectives: The poster design competition and promotion serves to educate students using our wastewater and stormwater drainage systems properly. In addition, we will adopt their creative ideas for promoting this message to other public in Hong Kong and to commend the winners.
1. Wastewater should be discharged into sewers. Discharge of wastewater into the stormwater drains will pollute our waters and cause odour problems.
2. The stormwater drains are designed to collect rainwater and should be kept clear. Don’t pollute our stormwater drains. These will prevent flooding during heavy rainstorms and protect public’s lives and properties.
Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged by a Panel of Adjudication chaired by the Assistant Director/Operations & Maintenance of the Drainage Services Department. Judging criteria will focus on thematic expression, creativity, design technique as well as overall artistic presentation.
Eligibility: Entries are invited from all full-time secondary school students.
Awards: There will be 1 award each for champion, first runner-up and second runner-up.
(Each winner will be presented with a certificate and a book coupon)
Champion $ 1,000
1st runner-up $ 600
2ndrunner-up $ 300
Format of Entries and Conditions of Entry:
1. The work should not have been published or entered for other competitions. Winning entries of other competitions will not be accepted.
2. Submissions should comprise, A3 sized, colored hard copy (5 prints for each entry).
3. Each student (Entrant) should submit only 1 entry. Each school can submit more than 1 entry.
4. All entries submitted must be original without infringing the rights of other persons. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that all submitted works do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. By way of entering the Competition, each Entrant grants to the Drainage Services Department as the Organizer, an irrevocable licence to use the winning entries in any form or any media for publicity purposes, and for the production of publicity materials without royalty payment or acknowledgement to the Entrant, the Designer or copyright owners of the entries. The Organizer may decide on any text descriptions to be used with the entries published in such publicity materials, and reserves all the rights to use or dispose the winning entries.
5. No submitted work will be returned. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by any Entrant in relation to entering this Competition.
6. Framing of the submitted works is not required, but excessive folding should be avoided.
7. The decision by the Panel of Adjudication shall be final.
Deadline of Submissions: 5 pm on 8 October 2013
Prize Presentation Ceremony:
Results of the Competition will be announced in end of 2013. The winning Entrants will be invited to join a Prize Presentation Ceremony.
Submission of Entries:
Each entry (5 prints for each entry) and form should be submitted to the following address with the competition title on the submission envelop:
Drainage Services Department
12/F, Kowloon Government Offices, 405 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(Attention: Daniel Wong)
Enquiry Telephone No. : 2332 9713
Personal Data Collection Statement:
1. The personal data provided by means of this entry form will be used for this competition only. The provision of personal data by means of this form is voluntary.
2. For correction of or access to personal data contained in this entry form, please contact Daniel Wong.