Revitalisation of Tai Wai Nullah
The proposed works of the project comprise:
- beautification of the existing nullah by re-surfacing, greening and modification;
- provision of approximately 3 km walkways along the nullah bed and associated stairs and access ramps;
- provision of a dry weather flow intercepting (DWFI) system;
- provision of features for ecological enhancement and sustainable drainage system;
- construction of viewing decks and revamp of existing bridges;
- revamp/provision of footpaths, railings, pavilions and amenity areas along the nullah banks; and
- associated works including landscaping, utility works, etc.
The project is to revitalise the existing Tai Wai Nullah with aims to enhance the ecological value of the nullah, provide a greener environment, promote water friendliness and improve the community environment for building a livable city.